Introducing a new platform required a well-defined set of objectives:
- Available: 10-years manufacturing commitment.
- Inexpensive: 10x cheaper than current alternatives.
- Modular: End user can innovate on the hardware that matters via the RFNM Interfaces, by abstracting away unneeded complexity (power, clocking, ADC/DAC, host interfaces).
- Upgradable: Future RFNM motherboards (faster compute or interfaces) will need to preserve full compatibility (software, daughterboards).
- Open: Schematics and code, when not under NDAs, are released to the user.